I find most people eat in one of four ways –
· three meals a day
· three moderate meals a day, plus mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks
· tiny meals/snacks through the day, stopping ideally three hours before bedtime!
Regardless of which group you are in – even the first one – it’s unlikely you’ll get through a day without at least one snack, planned or unplanned.
Common sense can go a long way in telling you what makes a good snack and what doesn’t. Here are some examples:
* a chocolate chip cookie for desert – maybe even after dinner – as long as it is much smaller than one you might grab in Grand Central at the start of a late commute home
* a small handful -- about 20 or so, not 40 -- of medium-sized cashews, morning or afternoon
* a 16-ounce smoothie, heavy on the kale … and no refill, please!
What are your favorite snacks that make sense?!